The Art of JLHerrera


become a fan!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

East to West and The Beautiful Dreamers

So I made the biggest move ever in my life. At the end of 2013, with the assistance of my highway companion and darling angel, I drove across the country to the beautifully grey wasteland of Lemoore, California. It's really....hot. Though, to be honest, I get out as much as I did when I lived in Va. Feels just like home. I recently updated my resume and it along with my work has really seen some big changes. I'm pretty proud of the direction things are going. Though I am still working hard to make a solid footprint out here, I think it'll all pay off in the end. 
The series I imagined in my head is growing as the months pass and I have a small pile of beautiful dreamers to show for it. It had it's beginning with the Peruvian mummy girl I had read an article about and since being invited to paint Frida for a tribute show at ChimMaya Gallery in LA, I have added her to the dreamers. 

Beautiful Dreamer 18x24 acrylic and oil on masonite
       The 3 Graces- Beautiful Dreamer, Dreaming gracefully 9x12 acryilc and oil on masonite




  once someone loved me-8x10 acrylic on masonite

  I dream in color -9x12 acrylic on gesso board

 I suppose I often imagined leaving Virginia and though it hasn't always been easy being far from people I love, it's a very good life we're living here together. 

You can currently see most of my work at Fresno Art Museum Partnership Gallery at Arte Americas in my solo show titled "Beautiful Dreamer", also at ChimMaya Gallery in East LA in Frida 2014
and in Chicanitas The Cheech Marin Collection in Las Cruces,New Mexico Las Cruces Museum of Art
 








No comments:

Contributors