The Art of JLHerrera


become a fan!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shows at The Phantom Gallery/ Orange California

Phantom Gallery
2736 East Chapman Avenue
Orange, CA 92869


The Phantom Gallery and I found each other on myspace when they posted a bulletin about an 80's show they were putting together. Since there is a slew of 80's paintings floating around in my head , I was in heaven when I heard about it.

It came from the 80's had a great turn out and I was happy to be a part of it. They did make a little video of all the pieces and let me tell you , any 80's fan will be over the moon to see what some of these artists came up with. There is a Jason "Bear"hese that just about killed me when I saw it. Look for the Hellraiser reference in one of these pieces.... it is awesome! Too many great pieces. I really wish I could have been there.










The pieces I did were small and honestly just more manageable a size to mail so far away. Otherwise I would have worked on a larger scale. I have had on my plate for a while an oil on masonite "Little China Girl" but since I had such a short time to get these out I re-started the idea in acrylic on a 6x9 canvas

Photobucket

Then my love for Prince could not be left out of such a great 80's event and I decided to combine 2 favs.

When the Doves Cry Purple Rain" 6x9 acrylic on canvas
Photobucket




Last night was the opening night for A salute to Cthulhu the Squid God
I really had fun painting this and it sold before the show even opened. Made my day!
5x5 acrylic on hardboard.


"Cthulhu takes a day off"



''


John Colle Rogers , The owner of Cthulhu is one of the most awesome people I have met, even though not in person, we had great conversations by mail. I got a glimpse of some of his work and I loved it!! Unicorns , muppets , and metal works of art..... so dope! "I do custom ironwork to pay the bills, fancy hand forged gates and railings. I get paid to play with fire."
SO here are a few of his works that I think you will love too.















you can read more about John Colle Rogers and see some more metal work here

No comments:

Contributors