The Art of JLHerrera


become a fan!

Friday, September 12, 2008

self portraits


"1-2-3" June 2007 - oil on canvas 18x18
"She died of mortal passion. How she suffered for him.
They say that a sad dove comes to sing to her early in the mornings. They say that dove is none other than her soul."
At the time i was having great pains from kidney stones which have plagued me since the birth of my daughter. I now have an overproduction issue which have stones that filled both my kidneys and all the way down the ureters ( T M I ) but at the time i was feeling ill and I was so tired. It was a ugly moment for meboth physically and emotionally.



I am very much in love with portrait work , most especially of the older very traditional style like the ones i am in love with st the Portrait Museum. Not being a master of the art by any means I still enjoy painting and drawing portraits. It is a very intimate process which is why I am so emotional about looking at portraits and painting them. Here are 3 self portraits all done in oil.


Photobucket
Self Portrait 2004 - 14x18 oil on 8 ply acid free board

Photobucket

"Twin Bed" 2005 - 8x10 oil on masonite The celibate years

No comments:

Contributors