The Art of JLHerrera


become a fan!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Color pencils

Photobucket
Photobucket
The other night my husband and I decided on watching a slew of gruesomely dark and disturbing movies. Some were laughable and some were just , a little too much for even me. Which is rare. But past events may have changed my viewpoints of such random acts of violence. Not that i don't love Grindhouse, Evil Dead and other such classics , I tend to be too emotionally attached somehow to the based on true story movies. Moving on though , the day following our film fest i found myself feeling loopy and out of sorts so I decided to draw for a bit. I took out my colored pencils which cause me great pain after drawing for too long, but it felt so good to use them again. My subject matter helped me get back to feeling "normal" again. It's hard to feel bad when I see their faces.

No comments:

Contributors